Florence Saint Louis, LCSW
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
Masters in Social Work - New York University (NYU)
Florida International University Honors College
A New York University graduate, Florence's journey started in Port-Au-Prince, Haiti. With adept navigation of human experiences, she's gained trust as a compassionate guide through life's challenges. Florence counsels individuals of all ages, specializing in anxiety, communication, self-esteem, mindfulness, and resilience. She works with children, teens, adults, families, and couples.
Florence is a compassionate psychotherapist who thrives on connecting with individuals across the spectrum of life's experiences. From children to teens, adults, and couples, Florence offers tailored therapy and counseling services to address a wide range of mental health needs.
For children and teens, Florence brings a wealth of experience, having worked extensively in schools, after-school programs, and youth development centers. She has supported young people in foster care and those involved in juvenile justice diversion programs, understanding the unique challenges they face. Additionally, Florence has a background in maternal and child health, offering valuable support to families navigating various stages of parenthood.
Moreover, Florence is adept at assisting individuals dealing with long-term health concerns and end-of-life issues, providing empathetic guidance during difficult times. Her approach is flexible, offering virtual sessions and in-person meetings to ensure accessibility for all clients.
Whether you're a parent seeking support for your child, a teenager navigating the complexities of adolescence, an individual facing health challenges, or a couple seeking to strengthen your relationship, Florence is here to help. With her inclusive approach and diverse expertise, Florence welcomes clients from middle-class backgrounds seeking mental health therapy and counseling tailored to their unique needs.
Working alongside Florence feels like embarking on a collaborative journey towards personal growth. Drawing from her extensive background, Florence anchors her practice in meeting you precisely where you currently are. She champions your autonomy, firmly believing in your ability to steer your own course and define your aspirations.
Embracing a philosophy of inclusivity, Florence fosters an environment of acceptance and exploration. While she skillfully guides therapeutic processes, she champions your freedom to delve into your own narrative and make choices that resonate with you.
Yes! Florence and most our our clinical team is in-network with:
- Humana (most plans)
Think of your first counseling chat with Florence as a cozy chat by the fireplace. She sets the scene for a welcoming, relaxed atmosphere where you can just be yourself. Florence is approachable and easy to talk to. She's very patient and in no rush - she'll go at your pace, guiding you toward healing and growth.
Her warm, welcoming vibe instantly relaxes you. Florence is like that easy-to-talk-to friend you've known forever, ready to listen without judgment.
- Feelings of sadness, hopelessness, or emptiness
- Loss of interest or pleasure in activities
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Sleep disturbances
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt
- Difficulty concentrating or making decisions
- Thoughts of death or suicide
- Excessive worry or fear
- Restlessness or feeling on edge
- Difficulty controlling worry
- Muscle tension
- Sleep disturbances
- Difficulty concentrating
- Physical symptoms such as racing heart or sweating
Grief & Loss:
- Feelings of sadness and longing
- Shock and disbelief
- Anger and guilt
- Physical symptoms such as fatigue or insomnia
- Difficulty concentrating
- Changes in appetite or weight
- Emotional numbness
- Yearning and searching for the deceased
Behavioral Problems / Family Conflict:
- Frequent temper tantrums or angry outbursts
- Argumentative or defiant behavior
- Deliberately annoying others
- Blaming others for mistakes
- Easily annoyed or angered
- Vindictiveness or spitefulness
- Difficulty maintaining relationships
- Trouble in school or with authority figures
- Experiencing emotional or behavioral symptoms in response to a stressful event or change
- Feeling overwhelmed or unable to cope
- Anxiety or depression related to the stressor
- Difficulty functioning at work, school, or in social settings
- Physical symptoms such as headaches or stomachaches
- Behavioral changes such as withdrawal or aggression
- Strained relationships with family or friends
- Impaired academic or work performance
Meet Florence! One of the newest members of our team. We’re so excited to have successfully recruited Florence to join us because she brings so much to the table! A therapist and social worker with experience working with older children, teens and adults, Florence has many years of experience working with families and helping individuals navigate challenging life situations.
Hailing from Port-Au-Price, Haiti, Florence is well versed in counseling a culturally diverse community and loved to work with middle-schoolers and teens. She has facilitated anxiety management and mindfulness groups for kids, and works to build resiliency through and from adversity in all of her clients. Child development and human development through the lifespan is where Florence’s heart lies.
In addition to kids, teens, and young adults, Florence enjoys working with couples and older adults. She is soon beginning her journey to enhancing her couples’ counseling skills by becoming an Emotionally Focused Couple’s Therapist, and deepening her knowledge of Bowen Family Systems.
Florence also has experience with substance abuse, severe mental illness and dual diagnosis. And she is one of the most patient people we know!
Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) Skills:
- Implementation of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy techniques for addressing various mental health concerns.
- Application of evidence-based strategies to modify dysfunctional thoughts and behaviors.
- Conducting structured assessments and interventions to promote cognitive restructuring and behavior change.
- Utilizing CBT principles to treat conditions such as anxiety disorders, depression, and trauma-related symptoms.
- Collaborating with clients to develop coping skills and problem-solving strategies.
Diversity and Inclusion Competencies:
- Proficiency in creating inclusive therapeutic environments for LGBTQ+ individuals.
- Demonstrated understanding of LGBTQ+ cultural competency and sensitivity.
- Incorporation of affirmative therapy techniques to support LGBTQ+ clients.
- Addressing intersectionality and cultural factors in treatment planning and interventions.
- Providing advocacy and support for LGBTQ+ clients navigating social and systemic challenges.
Mental Health First Aid Certification:
- Recognition of signs and symptoms of various mental health disorders.
- Ability to provide immediate support and intervention during mental health crises.
- Application of crisis de-escalation techniques to ensure client safety.
- Collaboration with other professionals and resources to facilitate appropriate referrals and follow-up care.
- Provision of psychoeducation and support to individuals and communities regarding mental health awareness and stigma reduction.
Clinical Practice and Intervention Skills:
- Proficiency in developing comprehensive treatment plans tailored to individual client needs.
- Skillful implementation of Motivational Interviewing techniques to facilitate behavior change and goal attainment.
- Effective communication with children, adolescents, and parents to foster therapeutic rapport and engagement.
- Crisis response and intervention expertise to address acute mental health emergencies.
- Conducting mental health assessments and evaluations to inform diagnosis and treatment planning.
Please contact me via my contact form at vcita:
I’m all about embracing life’s passions—I find joy in spending time with dogs, the tranquility bird watching, and swaying to the rhythm of ballroom dancing. Oh, and I’m a total travel junkie—I love exploring new places whenever I get the chance! When it comes to languages, I’m fluent in French and Haitian Creole, and I’m constantly working on improving my Spanish skills. i look forward to the possibility of meeting you, and I’m genuinely excited about supporting you on your path to healing, growth, and self-discovery